The World’s First Smart Seismic Sensor
The seismic industry continues to demand that exploration is carried out at ever-greater scale and receiver density, while attempting to balance the requirement to keep project costs under control. To provide the industry with a solution to this challenge, DTCC has developed the SmartSolo® intelligent seismic sensor.
SmartSolo® is based on DT-SOLO, our high-sensitivity geophone, and focuses on the principle of seismic exploration known as “3W” (Wave = high fidelity signal; When = accurate timing; and Where = the location)
The design philosophy behind SmartSolo® is to take every possible advantage of the mature and cost-effective electronic and software technologies of the mobile internet era. Incorporating many of the same high-reliability, low power devices widely used in mobile electronic devices, our smart sensor contains everything necessary to sense and record top-quality seismic data, while keeping its functions and structure as simple as possible. The result: this smart geophone is user-friendly and cost-effective, and can be relied upon to operate autonomously even in the most challenging conditions.
- Light weight (1 kg including battery and spike)
- Small footprint (92mm X 100mm)
- Lowest per channel cost in the seismic industry
- No exposed connectors in the field
- DT-SOLO® high-sensitivity sensor technology (10Hz & 5Hz options)
- Built-in 8 GB non-volatile flash memory (expandable to 32 GB)
- 50 days operating autonomy @ 25℃ 1ms (12h on / 12h off)
- Automatic sensor testing and GPS logging
- Mobile app (deployment & technical support)
- Optional external battery and sensor